Transmission Engineer to leading telecom company
We are looking for Transmission Tier2/3 Support Engineer to our client in Solna. You will be helping in expanding Support function from Voice and IP to Transmission. We are starting this position with one year contract and after that you will be overrecruited to client.
The core business of client is to provide fiber-based telecommunications services and infrastructure. The client is an IP connectivity supplier ranked number one globally. It also provides services to operators, content providers enterprises, education and online gaming networks.
The client owns and operates a large fiber network, spanning 70,000 km and connecting 320 points of presence spread across more than 120 cities in 35 countries.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Performing in-depth level of analysis and troubleshooting of complex fibre and Xwdm incidents originated both in the network, as well as individual customer faults, escalated to you by Tier 1 (both customer and network perspective)
- Proactive work (preventing a full outage) via alarm pattern analysis, measurements, and testing
- Collaborating on operational issues with our vendors in transmission area
- Weekly on-all duty providing Tier 2/3 support to Tier 1 units
- Being a part of end-to-end Service Assurance process for the transmission area with an approach of continuous improvement and contributing to establish and evaluate best practices
- Working closely with interfacing units on securing best practices, lessons learnt and competence sharing
- Delighting customers through excellence in caring for them. Frequent customer interaction (including escalation situations) will be a part of your job as well the interaction with many different teams and units within company and its other interfacing units
- Understanding customer and business impact of both daily and strategic operations of transmission network you are a part of and giving input to the improvements of these that will drive operations to be the industry benchmark
- Analytical with high problem-solving skills
- Persistent and self-propelling. You make things happen driving the incident resolution as well as lessons learnt
- Communicative and collaboration-oriented with good understanding of a multi-cultural environment and interest to work in such.
- Proactive and Customer Experience focused – with the ability to think out of the box when needed
Education and experience:
- A University degree in telecoms or related area of technology or a corresponding experience level
- 2+ years of experience from Tier 2/3 (Senior) Support within Transmission (dwdm,fibre, sdh)
- Expertise in using equipment from vendors like Coriant, Ciena, Infinera and Adva
- Software development skills is meriting
- Fluent English written and spoken
RegionSolna i Stockholms län
• Kollektivavtalsenliga anställningsvillkor gällande lön, semester, pension, försäkringar och sjukfrånvaro.
• En dedikerad coachande konsultchef som kontinuerligt följer din karriärutveckling och säkerställer goda arbetsförhållanden.
• Möjligheten att testa olika typer av uppdrag hos spännande företag samt bygga ut ditt CV. Troligtvis i ett framgångsrikt, internationellt bolag.
• Inbjudningar till roliga aktiviteter och evenemang med möjlighet att stärka ditt professionella nätverk.
• Friskvårdsbidrag och rabatter hos några av de största gymkedjorna i Sverige